Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Temple Next Door, Seisho-ji, Minato, Tokyo

Last August when hubby and I first arrived into Tokyo and spent the weekend exploring our neighborhood, I posted on our neighborhood shrine, Atago Jinja. It took me a whole year later to realized I'd completely neglected to post on the neighborhood temple also. Actually, I should say temples, because there are a few, but the biggest one is Seisho-ji (not to be confused with Senso-ji in Asakusa).

My humble opinion is that Seisho-ji stands out for the reasons below:
- It's sandwiched in between 2 giant buildings, the Atago Mori building and the Atago Forest Tower where our friends live.
- There's also a board outside the temple gate where they write a weekly poem kinda-sorta in the form of waka.
- The temple tolls its bell at 6pm everyday and you can hear the bell blocks away!

Continue reading »

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar