Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Models Own – At home Gel Nails Uncovered




I hardly ever wear any colour other than red carpet reds and an occasional coral. However, I have had a change of heart after trying Models Own’s new Hyper Gel range. Models Own's new Gel range is so classy yet nevertheless edgy (just like Adele's new song). They give the Gel nail effect without the UV rays and the hassle of paying for gel nail removal. Follow the usual base, 2 coats, top coat and voila!

The Hyper Gel range is just gorgeous. There are about 44 shades to choose from if you fancy splurging a bit! My favourite shade is Cashmere Rose - a light rose pink which is rich and easy to apply. What I love is the flat edge brush applicator which makes application super easy and less streaky. The finish gives a high even gloss just like gel nails. Equally gorgeous is shade Grey Storm - a beautiful rich grey which applies like a dream; would complement the Christmas onesies perfectly! For those who stick to their Barbie Pinks, Cerise Shine ticks the box, although I think it's more of an autumnal shade. Adding mystery to the range is shade Deep Sea - a super intense deep green, so intense that it almost looks like black from a distance. Beautiful winter shade to be worn for those cosy holidays, snuggling up with a mug of hot chocolate topped with marshmallows in from of TV (its only 7 Mondays to Christmas! Eeeeeks) and just to ensure we have all nail fanatics on boards, there's 2 classic reds. They looked pretty similar in the bottle but once applied the difference is apparent. Red Lustre - a lovely bright red (not too bright, just the right amount) is the slightly more warmer number and Robin Red - the deeper darker red; this is it’s cooler sister, the colour I usually opt for when the manicurist shows me a mini suitcase full of shades and I panic (but never regret). This is a safe fool-proof red that’s perfect for Autumn/Winter. It compliments all skin tones, all year round.

And just to give you all a better idea of how they look when applied, I have finally invested in Nail Circles *shock horror*. My only concern is that human nails are not stark white. So the wheel should have had a pinkish hue for the colours to translate like in real life. Just to be sure, I have applied 3 coats on each eliminating the white base issue.

Retailing at £4.99, these gel nail paints are a treat! Great for those who want to save from splurging on overpriced gel manicures. Recently I got myself an Essie Gel manicure for £40 (ouch!) Although I love the fact that my nails were intact 2 weeks later, I will not be paying the atrocious price for 25mins (I’d rather go for this posh pink afternoon tea for 2 and still save a quid, thank you very much).






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar