Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

What's in my Bag? | Train Edition

For the past 2 years I've been spending my time going between Hertfordshire and Hull to see my boyfriend, it's a journey that involves getting 2 trains each way. So, by now I've learnt what the best things are to keep by my side on these long train journeys and yet it hadn't occurred to me until I started blogtober that perhaps sharing what's in my train bag would make a good blog post! I've not photographed absolutely everything, just the main things really but I'll make sure to talk about all those little essentials that I've missed out too.



The gorgeous autumnal looking bag in the photo is from Primark, I bought it recently so it will definitely be in shops still, but often I'll want my netbook with me on the train so I'll use a more spacious backpack instead in that case and pop my small bag in my suitcase to use when I get to Hull. Of course there are the 2 essentials that I couldn't travel without, my purse which is very old and probably in need of replacing and also my card holder where I keep my railcard and tickets. I'm pretty sure I got the card holder from New Look a few months back, it's a lot sturdier than my Sherlock card holder (as much as I love it!).


One thing that I never leave the house without since I got it is my Marfan Syndrome info card. If you have a serious medical condition then I think it's super important to have something like this on you at all times. It has some basic information about Marfan on the front and then on the back I have my own personal details including my medications, information about my heart problems and some family member's contact details. Another important thing, perhaps not quite as important though, is a little mirror. The second train I get is a 2 and a half hour journey so I like to be able to touch up my makeup and check my hair before I hop off the train, no shame here.


Of course for long train journeys you need something to do, you can either finding me reading blog posts on my iPad or with my head in a book. I'm lucky that Hull Trains have free wifi throughout their whole train and it is often good enough to even watch TV shows on, most of the time I'll just download them before I leave the house though to make things easier. Sometimes though you can't beat sitting back and reading a good book, I've recently starting reading I Am Malala finally. It's been sitting on my bookcase for a few months now after wanting to read it for a while so I'm glad I'm getting around to reading it!


I've always found that the train is a great place for brainstorming new post ideas and whilst I have no problem with the notes app on my phone, sometimes you just can't beat pen and paper. That's if I manage to find a pen somewhere in the depths of my bag! I also always pack my mini hairbrush, even if my hair is tied up, as my hair is at such an awkward length right now that even if it is tied up in a bun with a million hairbands, I always get bits of hair pinging out from every angle that refuse to be tamed. Finally this is a more recent addition, a cute little Paperchase foldaway bag. I used my £5 voucher that I got on my birthday thanks to being signed up to their loyalty card to buy this and I'm glad I did. If I'm using my small bag and want to pick up some lunch before I get on the train then this comes in very handy, plus it's a good place to store my jacket if I get too hot.

Finally some of the other things I always have with me, but aren't photographed include: tissues, extra hairbands, a snack, the lipstick I'm wearing and mints! Thankfully the days of me doing the long train journey every few weeks will be behind me very soon as I move to Hull next week, it's crept up on me so quickly and I think the panic packing will begin any moment!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar